Friday, May 8, 2009

Yesterday- 9 hours Updates!

I had a wonderful time at the UBC farm yesterday afternoon. I helped weed blackberries, and talked with the employees and volunteers about issues surrounding urban agriculture. I learned an enormous amount about the intricacies of policy in Vancouver, and what kinds of things limit diverse and balanced business/ ag development. I'm not sure what kind of impact I may be able to have on those issues, but being aware of them is the first step.

I also had a lovely surprise when I ran into someone who lived in Calgary- she had been to the first CUA meetup! It was really exciting. We both agreed that they're making a lot of progress in that city, and it's been wonderful to watch it all happen.

I'm planning to go back regularly on thursdays, and I'm going to help out with the chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment