Wednesday, May 20, 2009

7:00 in the am, woo! (1 hour yesterday)

I'm excited about finishing my first poster for SPEC, and I'm just waiting on their email to make some choices. I'm waiting on a few emails from people before I can move on. Here's my checklist of other things to do for today:

-html tutorials (for developing blog templates, EYA and VUAN)
-design blog faces for EYA and perhaps later VUAN
-email amanda to meet about fonts and palettes
-signs for EYA gardens

VUAN
-logo: Still waiting on a meeting with David. I'll email him again today
-blog: I've gotten some of those link exchanges I was pursuing. If I have time, I might make a custom blog face for their page- not vital, but would make them look a bit more professional.
-fb group: running, minimal activity, though I wasn't expecting much. Perhaps some print materials directing people here..?

SPEC:
>Cambie and 10th Garden
-signage: it sounds like the materials vicky was planning to use for these signs are not printable. we're not sure where to start with this- we might be able to go with scrap wood, stencils and varnish.. I'll send her an email.
>Workshop Series Posters
-completed the first of 4, waiting on a meeting with amanda an Ilse to show off a couple versions, chat about typ and palettes, and make sure the direction I go with the other 3 is what they want. in the meantime, i'll do a few sketches for these.

UBC:
-I'll go in on thursday morning to do chickens. My friend ben has expressed interest in tagging along.
-Ayla is discussing whether I can redesign things for them at their board meeting. I might mock up some business cards for them (which I've already given some attention.)

EYA:
-signs fortheir Youth Garden and the Means of Production Garden, and they are looking to do link exchanges with other sites. It may be worthwhile to just collect the groups that are looking to do a link exchange, then send out a big list to all of them at the end of the month.
-blog face

Other things in the back of my mind:
-tech workshops for community garden groups: a few more people have said that they can use this. I don't think I have time to set up a workshop before the end of may- perhaps a video podcast discussing the finer points of online promotion?
-water collection project: there doesn't seem to be enough initiative to pull something like this off by the end of may
-more reading/ research of wikinomics (continuing to read in my free time)

2 comments:

  1. Canada's office of urban agriculture:

    http://www.cityfarmer.org/index.html#notes

    (the site's rather unprofessional... but seems interesting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si- city farmer. I haven't gone to visit yet, and I really must. I think i'll put together a visit list for the last week of the project.

    Hot.
    Also- they could really use a more professional site. It's a little hard to read/ navigate. (though contains a ton of info.)

    ReplyDelete