Thursday, May 14, 2009

I had a wonderful time this morning at the UBC farm, getting oriented with the chickens. I'll be taking care of them for the remaining 2 Thursday mornings this month- and I'm thrilled. It's very pleasant work, and educational of where our food comes from in a way that's unique to me.

Besides the 3 hours or so I spent at UBC farm, as well as getting to and from, I spent lots of time today with my email, as always. I chatted with people about projects we're working on, in a very general sense. I'm enjoying my back and forth with Amanda from SPEC, as we discuss color palettes and fonts for their template set.

I also dedicated some time today to tutorials, hooray! The Lynda.com tutorials I'm working with have given me excellent insight into proper workflow in the past, and I'd like to start with a strong foundation of that as I progress.

I'm also currently sketching some posters for SPEC workshops. I'd like to get the first one done by Wednesday of next week, so I'm starting on it today. I have 4 of them to complete. (Though the first one will be the most difficult- we'll keep consistent grids, palettes and fonts for them all. )

Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Lynda tutorials?
    I found the website, and it looks interesting. Do you have a subscription or somesuch? Or are there free ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No free ones I know of
    I have a disc of some from time at headplay that i've yet to finish completely
    i think you can also torrent them evilly sometimes.

    ReplyDelete