Friday, May 8, 2009

This morning

I'm continuing to correspond with a few community garden groups, trying to find out what their needs are and how I can help fill them. One of the things I would like to do is to help develop a water collection system for the Oak and 16th garden. It's something that they need (their water supply is currently from a house across the street, and they carry it in buckets.) They have a 6x6 shed which would work well to channel the water off of. The major issue I'm seeing is that they don't want to disturb the already displease neighbors with more visual clutter. Entirely understandable.

So what I'm trying to do, in addition to building an inexpensive water collection system, is to make something that functions well and looks nice. It's pretty hard to disguise a big barrel.. I've been playing with ideas of turning it into a trellis of some kind. (Maybe a bean tipi around it, or some more permanent plant..) Or maybe finding a way to set it into the ground.. then showing the gardeners how to start a siphon.. I'm not sure yet. More discussion with them should yield some answers.

I'm also excited for my meeting with Samantha from the EYA this afternoon. We'll be discussing the ex- vancouverurbanag website, and my helping them to move info from it onto their website.
And more:)

No comments:

Post a Comment