Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jerome Kashetsky was kind enough to come by the farm with me today, and took some lovely pictures of the whole egg collection and washing process. I'm not sure what all will happen with them (we'll definitely contact the farm and see if they would like to use some.) I'll also post them here, and include them in future work with the project.

Jerome and I discussed ideas of making a presentation of my findings, or writing a paper of some sort. I've never thought of doing something like that- but it does seem entirely appropriate (at least from the standpoint of my future goals.) I'll need to spend some time consolidating my research on personal self-sustainability, but I feel like there's so much more to learn. We'll see where it leads:)

I also put the finishing touches on the city poster for SPEC and packaged it all for printing. (Tomorrow!) Hopefully that all goes smoothly. I've still got quite a few things I would like to complete for them. I'll figure out tomorrow what the plan is for those. I know that a lot of them will be getting done on the 20-something hour car trip we're starting monday. I'd like to have my work for SPEC wrapped up before we're in California. Jerome and I were throwing around ideas for a chicken pilot project proposal. The idea would be to work with an organization like SPEC and a community garden group to integrate chickens into a community. We would have to work with the city, as chickens are technically not legal yet. This could act as the testing ground for how that would work, and provide valuable insight for the city in creating policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment