Wednesday, May 13, 2009

yesterday- 8 hours today- 7:30am till forever

My trip to the EYA yesterday was very productive. The website updates article on their front page is a note about what I got done:) I added tons of the information that was available on the previous vancouverurbanagriculture website to their existing EYA site, added some events, and also managed to add a link to the Vancouver Urban Agriculture Network. There are also two new links on the VPSN page- to me here at RachelGrows, and to the Vancouver Urban Agriculture Network blog. Hooray! I'm feeling very good about the increased web-presence of VUAN- if you google their name, there are a few good secondary sites that come up with links to the blog now. I've added a link to their google group to the blog, and started a links sidebar- so they can do exchanges. A link on the VCAN site would also be helpful.

Samantha and I also discussed a couple other things I can work on for the EYA, including some signs for their gardens and a vector version of their logo. I've just finished the image- just waiting on a font:)

I also met with Amanda and Ilse from SPEC yesterday, and we discussed some projects I can do for them. There is a giant list of things, including designing 4 posters for a series of workshops that are coming up soon. I think that each of these posters will take me about a full day, and I'm so excited to get started. They're looking for some beautiful vector illustrations of garden-type things, and Amanda and I are going to start discussing fonts- which is something I'm noticing as a weak point in a lot of non-profit design. If nothing else, I hope to get them hooked on sans-serifs for the titles. This would be a step foward. I need to surf some fonts today.

It's almost time to run off to the gallery for my lunch hour, so more updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment